Suzanne sees people with addiction difficulties including smoking. Suzanne Thomas is a London hypnotherapist who uses hypnosis, relaxation, self-hypnosis, mindfulness, NLP, imagery and visualisation within a counselling, therapy framework to help with addiction difficulties including smoking. She is a fully registered hypnotherapist practising hypnotherapy in London.
If you are wondering if you have an addiction problem, whether with alcohol, drugs, food, gambling or anything else, ask yourself about use versus abuse. In this instance, abuse means that you can take or leave the potentially problematic substance or behaviour. It does not matter if it is not available. If it is available you may have some or do it or not – it really is not an issue – but if you do, it will be in moderation. Conversely, when you are using it, you are indulging because you want it to perform a specific function. It may be to give you confidence or energy or to numb or comfort you. If you are doing this thing for its effect on how you cope, you may consider that you might have a problem. If this is what you think – well done! You’ve already taken a huge and brave step to say that to yourself. Now it’s time to do something about it.
Hypnotherapy and Counselling for Addictions
Facing up to thinking or knowing that you have a problem to do with addiction or inappropriate use of a substance or behaviour means that you have already made significant progress. Now you can take it further. Whatever you foresee as stumbling blocks – do not worry. If you really want to YOU CAN.
Here are some tools and suggestions:
- Twelve step programmes are not for everyone but for very many people they are anywhere from useful to invaluable. Groups cover various issues. They include Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, Al Anon, Overeaters Anonymous and Sex Addicts Anonymous. You can find them on the internet.
- Keep a diary to log the behaviour – exactly record the details. You may be surprised – either way! It could also be a useful thing to take it to anyone you seek help from.
- If you are experiencing physical problems associated with your behaviour, go to your GP.
- Click on the Soundcloud link on the home page of this website and listen daily to one or other of my relaxations every day to relax, centre yourself and have a mini holiday.
- Talk to someone. Talk to a friend but, if it has been going on for a while or seems particularly distressing or is impacting on your life, consider seeking professional help. See your GP. You can come to see me . You will find contact details right here on this website. If you live too far away to consult Suzanne, go to the National Council for Hypnotherapy or the General Hypnotherapy Register websites to find a well qualified hypnotherapist in your area.
- You’re welcome to come to see me. Contact me to talk further.
Hypnotherapy to Stop Smoking: My Package to Become A Non-smoker
Smoking is said to be one of the most difficult addictions to kick. Seeing it as a behaviour rather than an addiction puts it in a new light and may offer a more constructive approach to changing it. Change it you can. But only if you really want to I’m interested in helping people to become a non-smoker rather than to simply ‘give up’. If you stop to think about it, there is a subtle but important difference.
The BIG question is … DO YOU REALLY WANT TO?
If you really want to, I can certainly help you to do what you want to do. I can’t, however, (and would not want to), make you do something you do not really want to do but simply think you should or someone else thinks you should.
Whatever you foresee as stumbling blocks – do not worry. If you really want to become a non-smoker YOU CAN.
I have put together a special package for people who want to become non-smokers. You will see me three times with any necessary follow ups within three months that you need (there should not be any!). The first session will be an hour and a half with two one hour sessions after that. See the fees page for fee structure. Contact me to discuss it further.