This page comes directly from me to you. I’ll tell you a bit about my training as a hypnotherapist and what led me to do this. After that I’ll write a bit about my relevant core beliefs.
I have been practicing as a hypnotherapist and counsellor since 1986, having trained with the UK College of Hypnotherapy and Counselling. I continue to study all related aspects. In 2005 I became a Master of Research in Art.
I had worked in advertising, music and fashion but a long standing interest in people and psychology was growing. This led me to voluntary work which in turn led to the decision to become a psychotherapist.
My choice to train in hypnotherapy in particular emerged through personal experience. I was ill in my twenties. At my last operation, I decided to try to ease the post-operative pain myself, rather than with the usual chemical pain relief. Somewhat haphazardly, I made it up as I went along, and found that using my imagination worked! To my and the medics’ amazement and delight I was home in a third of the time it had taken in the past and in far better health. I wanted to find out more about what I had done and this deep latent power we have and its possible uses.
I was and still am interested in people making measurable changes in their lives rather than in on-going analysis.
Hypnotherapy brought together interests in psychology, creative imagination and goal focused therapy.
- …that we can do what we want to do
- …that if things were bad or painful or scary, sometimes a part gets stuck at that time but that we are the very best person to go back and befriend and free that stuck part to grow up
- …that we can change
- …that for a real change to happen, it has to happen in thought, feeling and behaviour or physicality
- …that you are unique and special
- …that you are the star of your own fairy tale
- …that you have all that you need for all that you need
- …that love and fear are true opposites as they are mutually exclusive.
- …that we have the courage to develop our own potential rather than seek in it in someone else
Registered and accredited Hypnotherapist and Counsellor
So – I have told you a bit about myself and about my approach as a hypnotherapist and counsellor. You’re welcome to contact me.